Saturday, August 1, 2009

"You're a free woman."

"You're a free woman." That's what my surgeon told me yesterday. I said, "Finally!" It was a much longer road than I expected. Surgery on November 21st was supposed to mean 5 days hospitalized, unless there were complications. I had my surgery, plus two additional surgeries, and spent over a month hospitalized. Must have been complications! After I was out of the hospital a place in the incision line decided to open up, 10cm deep, and an artery decided to bleed resulting in stitches to the artery and an overnight stay in the hospital. Then two more places decided to open, minor compared to the first one. A change in surgeons came about because I could never believe what the original surgeon would tell me. Packings twice a day. The deep opening got switched to a vacuum dressing which only had to be changed three times a week. Rashes resulted in finding ways to do packings without tape and occasionally temporarily discontinuing the vaccum dressing. Insurance mandated I be homebound as long as I had home health care. Finally I was healed enough the vacuum dressing had to be discontinued. At that point home health care could be discontinued because I could do regular packings myself. I went to Alabama for my grandson's birth still doing a packing twice a day. Finally it is healed and I got released from the surgeon, after eight months. Now on with life. I wonder what God has in mind for me next? I'm still here so he still has something for me to do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Werling Way © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner