Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Having A Little MORE Cold Coffee


I have wanted a tall coffee mug for months. I don't know why I've wanted one so bad but I have. I was at Wal-mart this afternoon and walked by the Christmas things and there they were, tall Christmas mugs. I stood and looked at them. $2 and I'd finally have my tall mug. I stood and looked some more. Did I really want a mug with a snowman on it if I wanted to use my tall mug in the middle of the summer? Not really. But these were really tall mugs and I really liked the shape. So I stood and looked at them some more. Then I started to push my cart away, thinking I'd just wait until I saw some tall ones another time. As I did, I took one last glance over my shoulder..... Oh! I totally missed them but over to the side were a few that did not have snowmen on them! Red and green stripes and dots. Christmas, but yet not tied strictly to Christmas. So I got my tall mug.

This evening I was a little chilled and decided I'd fix myself a cup of instant coffee. Decaf. I'm working in the morning so trying not to stay up tooooo late. So I got my new mug and gave it a good washing out with soapy water, filled it with fresh water and popped it into the microwave. I'd checked to see how much it held compared to what I was used to using so I'd know how much coffee to use. A little more than one and a half of our normal mugs.

I sat down with my new tall mug full of decaf, took a few sips, sat it down and picked up my netbook. Half an hour later I glanced over and there sat my mug, still almost full....of cold coffee. I laughed. I hardly ever finish a cup of coffee before it gets cold and here I was with an even larger mug. I really like that tall mug though, so I guess I'll just have a little MORE cold coffee. :-)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Werling Way © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner