Monday, April 20, 2009

A Busy Sunday

It was a busy day today (actually it's 2am so it was yesterday, but I haven't gone to bed yet so it still seems like today). Gene wanted to know if I wanted to go to church this morning. I told him no, I thought by the time I got through the day I would be tired enough. We had the Werling Easter today at Gene's sister Mary's house. We missed Kim, she had to work. Nikki and Katie weren't there either. Everyone else that is in this area was there. Lots of good food and good conversation. We don't get together often enough so it was great to have everyone together. We have two babies in the family that I hadn't seen yet since I didn't make it to Christmas.

I intended to go by the Creative Arts Center on the way home. They had an exhibit of art from the county schools and my niece Sarah had something in it. I totally forgot it though.

After we got home from Mary's I laid down to rest before going to my mom's church's Mother Daughter program. I sat my alarm in case I went to sleep. I did go to sleep but the alarm didn't wake me up. I'd forgotten to change it from AM to PM! I have sleep apnea and hadn't put my mask on so I ended up snorting myself awake. I was only a couple of minutes late getting to the church but drove all the way in instead of going to my mom's and riding with her. I have to say I think they had the best favors ever. The theme was 'chocolate' so the favors were candy bars! The program was by Linda Aldridge, Huntington County Extension Director, who gave an interesting program on chocolate, complete with samples. They had a drawing to give away the centerpieces. They were boquets of miniature candy bars and chocolate cook books. No one in my family won.

While I was at the church and had my phone turned off my son called. After I got home I called Nathan back and he was watching TV coverage of tornado warnings near him. Birmingham's ABC 33/40, was live with storm coverage and even had a lot of live video of the storms. I follow them on Twitter and they are excellent about tweeting all the warnings and watches for Alabama. I wish we had someone up here who did as well. I checked their website and they had their broadcast streaming live. In fact Nathan was hearing it from my computer over the phone quicker than he was hearing it on his TV. If anyone on Twitter has an interest in following the weather from 33/40 they are ewarn on Twitter. I also follow their meteorologists, James Spann spann and Jason Simpson simpson3340. When I hung up from talking to Nathan they had had no damage at their place and following their weather, they shouldn't have.

My granddaughter, Hannah, missed school on Friday. She has infection in both of her ears and her throat.

I think I'd better be heading off to bed...I'm falling asleep while typing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Werling Way © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner