Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter and the week ahead

One Easter dinner down, one to go. Yesterday was my family's dinner (lunch) at my mom's house. Gene's family will have theirs next weekend. His family is much larger than mine so they don't normally try to have family dinners on the actual holiday.

As usual we had waaaaay too much food. My mom baked a ham and my brother-in-law Bob brought some of the haddock fish he caught up in Alaska and baked it. We had a green bean/wax bean/carrot mixture, corn casserole, sweet potato casserole, swiss and bacon mashed potatoes, rolls, pickles, spiced apple rings, deviled eggs, cherry cheesecake, iced tea and coffee.

In the afternoon on the scanner we heard the fire department called to a field fire two miles down the road from my mom's house. My brother isn't a fireman but if there's a fire close he will go see what he can do. It was a small fire and he had it under control with a scoop shovel from his truck by the time the fire trucks got there.

Another sign of spring...my nephew Brad has his first Little League practice today. Niece Sarah hasn't heard yet when her team will start practice.

My husband Gene is on vacation this week. I always enjoy having him home. We have no special plans this week other than I'm to have a two day Cardiolite stress test. I say what I have is kind of between an ache and a burn...discomfort. The cardiologist calls it chest pain. He says it's not a symptom of my recently diagnosed pulmonary hypertension and is concerned that I might have a blockage. I think it's my asthma. We'll know more soon.

It's after 4am and the home health care nurse will be here in about 5 hours so I guess I'd better get some sleep!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Werling Way © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner