Friday, April 17, 2009

Ups and downs

Well I got my two days of the stress test done. Tuesday was day one and they did the exercise portion. I had expected to do the treadmill test but they had decided to switch it to the chemical test instead. Boy was that a weird feeling! For a moment I felt totally paralyzed, even my lungs...talk about feeling panicked! That quickly passed though and the major thing I felt then was abdominal and lower back discomfort. Afterward I got a headache for a couple of hours.

When we left the hospital we headed to Cardinal Tattoo. I messed around with piercing my ears and trying to heal them for YEARS starting when I was in my teens. Good grade gold, sterling silver, hypoallergenic earrings....nothing was good for me. I'd get infections and could never get the piercings healed. Recently I discovered Maggie's Creations. Maggie makes and sells earrings out of pure Niobium and grade 1 Titanium, NON allergenic metals. I decided to give pierced ears a try again so ordered my earrings and decided on Cardinal Tattoo as the place I would get my ears pierced again. Stupid me didn't make note of the street address, just that it was on Spy Run Avenue near Fourth Street. When I saw Fourth Street Gene was in the middle lane and pulled the car left and ran into a truck in the other lane. Minor damage, no injuries...probably hurt Gene's pride more than anything. Still, the insurance adjuster came up with over $1000 of damage on our car. I don't know what the truck comes to. So anyway, I finally got in to Cardinal and Chad pierced my ears. I got two piercings in each ear. No tattoos. I tried to talk Gene into getting a tattoo of a naked fairy or a naked mermaid but he wasn't interested! LOL

Wednesday we were back to Lutheran Hospital for day two of my stress test, the resting portion.

Like I said in an earlier post, I really expected the problem was asthma so I wasn't too stressed out about having the stress test. Well yesterday (Thursday) afternoon I got a call that it showed a problem and Dr. Hambel wanted to do a procedure at the hospital, when did I want to do it. Hellooooo! I'm going to schedule a 'procedure' without knowing what the problem is and what the procedure is and why it needs to be done? The lady just repeated herself. It was about like pulling teeth to get any info out of her but I finally found out there's a portion of my heart that isn't getting blood and Dr. Hambel wants to do a catheterization to find out why. He's scheduling enough time to fix things if he needs to, such as put in a stent. I'm going up to have blood work and an EKG this afternoon and they're going to try to schedule the procedure for late next week.

Fun fun fun. God must have some big plans for me if he's keeping me around for all this instead of just taking me! Thankfully he carries me and I don't have to do this on my own. And thankfully I have Gene in my life. He is so good to me, takes care of me through the bad times and doesn't complain. I just hope things are all taken care of and I'm able to make it down to Alabama as planned to help out when my grandson, Riley James Helms, is born in July.

I'm ready for a few dull moments in my life! :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Werling Way © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner